Sunday, February 28, 2010
You are not a Map or Label or Text
1. The map can change : which means our self-concept (the ego, who we think we are) can change and this is the basis of personal development. This changing map includes our thoughts, beliefs and actions: the whole world-view and the self-image.
2. The map is not the territory : I am not the ego, my self-image. You are not your self-image, or in other words: You and I are not who we think we are; think in the literally sense of the word: thoughts (and all other concepts) are the map, not the territory.
The important step to Spiritual Awakening is dropping the map and experiencing what is without the map.
But, (for me at least) this means not to remove the map for all time. I need the map to function in the world and to relate to everything. So I create maps and use maps in a very intense way, in the best way possible. But there is one difference: I dis-identified the map from the territory. So I know that my self-image is my self-image but not the self.
Friday, February 19, 2010
THE POOR IN SPIRIT, CHARACTER AND SUBSTANCE!
Saturday, February 06, 2010
GOING FROM AVERAGE TO EXCELLENCE
1. Get and stay serious.
2. Get and stay smart.
3. Get and stay organized.
4. Get and stay moving.
THE 12 THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. The value of time.
2. The success of perseverance.
3. The pleasure of working.
4. The dignity of simplicity.
5. The worth of character.
6. The power of example.
7. The influence of life.
8. The obligation of duty.
9. The duty of economy.
10. The virtue of patience.
11. Improvement of talent.
12. The joy of originating and creating.
EIGHT WORDS TO LIVE BY
THE SEVEN CONSIDERATIONS OF CONSIDERABLE IMPORTANCE
1. Imagination: where do you want to go, where do you want to be, where is your future. The secret is to develop a magnificent obsession. The thought must be, “I am the major key to my better future.”
2. Consider your goals: your dreams, your vision, your mission for your life, your profession and where you are. The secret is whatever you move towards, is moving towards you at the same speed. The thought should be, “I can always have more tomorrow if I’m willing to become more and learn more today.”
3. Consider your knowledge: learn from other people, learn from yourself, follow the examples of successful others, ask to be mentored by the greatest and best in your chosen calling, vocation or profession. The secret is that all good knowledge must be pursued. The thought should be, “Unless I change, I will only have what I’ve already got.”
4. Consider your personal skills: you get what you tolerate. You have demand out of yourself more than anyone could possibly think of. The secret is to don’t settle for less than you can become. The thought should be, “What you use and you improve, you will never lose.”
5. Consider your association with people: who do you hang around? The secret should be to never underestimate the value of people. Also, don’t overestimate the value of people and power of their influence on your life. The thought should be, “You become who you associate with most of the time.”
6. Consider your lifestyle: how do you want to live? What do you want to understand and pursue? Become solution orientated. How long do you want to live and how do you want to live? The secret is to learn to be happy with what you have while in pursuit of what you want. The thought should be, “You are where you are and what you have are tiny matters compared to what you can become and what you will fulfill and have.”
7. Consider your contribution to life. The secret in life is to become as valuable as you can to as many people as you can. The thought should be, “It’s difficult to attract what you refuse to become.”
FOUR WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
1. The books and tapes you read and use.
2. The tapes you listen to and act upon.
3. The things you try and learn from.
4. The people you are around and how they influence you. Friends and family can improve your life. Friends and family can destroy your life.
Avoid the time wasters:
1. Bored friends.
2. Unnecessary phone calls.
3. Idle chatter and gossip.
WE CAN’T WIN EVERYONE’S DEDICATION AND BELIEF AT ONCE, WHAT WE CAN DO IS